|Bit O Honey for added effect-plus a favorite candy of mine!|
Today I am sharing an upcycled piece that I have given a #secondchance to with DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Paints.
Next you will find my tutorial with lots of photos and supply list.
So, grab a cuppa and have a read!
Americana Decor Chalky Finishes:
Americana Multi Purpose Seal
Americana Glazing Medium
DecoArt Media Modeling Paste
- Find old corner cabinet on roadside
- Put new wood on top
- Fill in nail holes and sand down
- Paint overall piece with White paint
- "Whitewash" back panels inside cupboard
- Paint shelves and trim with Heritage
- Mix Modeling Paste with Heritage and Inheritance
- Spread colored modeling paste through beehive or chicken wire stencil on front boards
- When modeling paste is dry, mix a small amount of Inheritance and Delicate with water and add a small amount of Glazing medium
- Brush this over stenciled area, wiping back in areas till you achieve your desired look.
- Stencil Brocade stencil inside using mix of Delicate,Inheritance,Timeless and Rustic
Cut and adhere Bee graphics using Deco Pauge
- Apply Multi Purpose Sealer to cupboard graphics and sides
- Stand back and admire your finished piece!
DecoArt is sponsoring a second Chances contest where you can showcase a refinished,refurbished,Upcycled,recycled or give a tired piece a Second Chance!
Check out the link for further details
Thanks so much for joining me today!
Hey, if you are not a follower already, why not sign on now so you don't ever miss a post?!
And to my already followers-thanks so much for always stopping in and leaving such kind and generous comments! You Rock!
Hope I have inspired you to create something today!