Today I have an upcycled bird feeder to share using Stencil 1 Birds 3-pack set as well as DecoArt Paints.
Stencil 1 is our April partner over at
AlteredPages.com this month.
Stop in to see what the other gals have created ")
On with the show!
So this is where the bird feeder started- pretty sorry looking....
My husband is pretty resourceful and after removing the chain,securing the top and removing the old base, he used some scrap pieces of lumber from his "stash" to put on a nice wide base with edging on it for the birds to perch upon!Next are my steps...
1. Paint roof, outside of house and inside of base with Americana Decor Chalky Finish~Heritage Ancestral
2. Paint inside house,roof edges and outside of base with Americana Decor Chalky Finish~Heritage Ancestral
3. Apply 3D Gloss Gel Medium through Swallow Mask on roof top and through Owl Mask on the side of feeder.
4. Once the gel is dry paint the Swallow with Americana~Sea Breeze;let dry and stencil over with Americana Bluegrass Green.
5. Stencil through the Owl mask Americana Multi-Surface Satin~Mushroom;when dry stencil through with DecoArt Media Acrylic Raw Umber;highlight the moon with drybushing DecoArt Media Primary Yellow.
7. Mix DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste~Neutral with Americana~Citron Green and stencil around outside flat part of base.
8.When dry apply two-three coats of varnish.
Not mentioned above, but I did stencil some flowers on the front of the roof using only the 3D Transparent Gloss Gel.
Hope you enjoyed the walk through and once this feeder is hung and the birds start enjoying it,I'll post some photos with visitors!
Linking up with
Stamps and Stencils